We have made choosing a kitchen easy for you. Go with one of our standard designs below or have a fully customised kitchen that meets your needs. Call today and make an appointment with our kitchen expert.
Our friendly kitchen design service includes:
- A thorough meeting with you - either in our showroom or in your home - to discuss the requirements and options for your kitchen. We will ask you questions about your budget range, the preferred kitchen shape and style as well as your individual needs, lifestyle or any special requirements you may have.
- The preparation of a professional 3D concept plan for your kitchen with a detailed quote.
- Further consultations, if required, to go through the plan and discuss any amendments you may wish to make to the plan.
- A final quote & concept plan for you to consider - no obligation from your side so far.
- Once you give us the go-ahead we will book an installation date as soon as possible (usually within 3-4 weeks) so you can start enjoying your new kitchen.
Our tips on designing a great kitchen:
- Employ a kitchen designer early on in the building or renovation process. This could save a lot of time and money. Your kitchen will be the focal point of your home so it is important that you have enough space available to fit the kitchen you require.
- When designing a kitchen keep the "working triangle" in mind. This is the distance between the sink - oven - fridge. These are the areas you will access the most and will want to be as close as possible / practical.
- Create a good size work space for food preparation.
- Storage space is important in a successful kitchen - consider everything you want to use and store in the kitchen. For example pots, crockery, platters, cutlery, utensils, trays, pantry items as well as small appliances like your toaster, electric jug and mixer. Is a cupboard sufficient or would you prefer drawers?
- Choose large appliances that suit your needs and space carefully. For example fridges vary a lot in size - be careful if you have a small kitchen you don't fill it with a large fridge and then run out of room to fit everything else. Choose these appliances early so that your kitchen designer can advise you if these will work and knows what to include in the layout.
- Windows can limit kitchen design. Be careful that you consult a kitchen designer early to avoid difficulties or limitations on your requirements in the design of your kitchen. It is easy enough to move a window at the design stage.
Ways to keep the price within your budget:
- Use mainly doors - drawers a great for storage but they do cost a lot to manufacture.
- Keep the design simple. Gadgets cost a lot of money.
- Use materials for the doors and tops that are most cost effective. Stick with the standard colours - a small compromise on your kitchen colour can mean a big price difference.
- Use less cupboards to complete the kitchen and use standard module sizes as much as possible.
Benefits of using designer homeware to supply your kitchen:
- We bulk buy a range of benchtop and door colours and pass on the savings to you. This range is from some of the most popular colours being used today.
- We have a modular system that will help with the design and minimise costs.
- We have the expertise to help you through the whole process and ensure you get the best design and price available to suit your budget.